With today’s diet (food lacking in nutrients due to the fast-food and ‘easy packaged’ availability) and drinks high in sugar content, not to mention lack of regular and functional exercise, many people end up retaining fluids.
Being on your feet all day can cause fluid retention around the ankles and feet. Otherwise, it is often a whole-body retention.

Did you know, your lymphatic system circulates, cleans, and filters all the leftover blood in the body? It is your most important detoxification system. The gut contains up to 80% of our immune cells and it contains associated lymphatic tissue. It is the sewer system of the body. The body pumps 90% blood and returns it to the heart. The other 10% comprise what is known as lymph and has no pump to return it to lymphatic channels for disposal. All viruses, bacteria, toxins, cancer cells, and chemicals are passed through the lymph, where the body is alerted if a foreign particle needs to be removed.

Surprisingly, there are three times more lymph than blood in the body. From your tonsils and adenoids in your throat right through to your colon, the gut is the storehouse of the lymphatic system. Why would the body put nearly our entire immune system there if exposure to food wasn’t so vital?

If we aren’t putting the proper essential amino acids, vitamins, and minerals in our system, then at some point, the system will falter. Symptoms of a sluggish lymphatic system include but are not limited to:

  • Swollen fingers or bloating
  • Morning Soreness/stiffness
  • Exhaustion
  • Constipation
  • Discoloration of legs
  • Breast swelling or soreness with each cycle
  • Dry or itchy skin
  • Brain fog
  • Cold hands/feet/poor circulation
  • Cellulite

At Brilliant Living Solutions we can provide Lymphatic Drainage to get your body started on the right path.

Make an Appointment